- Saturday, Sep 7, 2019 9:30 AM - 3:15 PM EDT (doors open at 8:30 AM)
Sorry, this event is not available.
This event was available from Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:00 AM until the event start date.
A 20% discount is available for those registering with a group of 10 or more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Admission to all sessions
- Chick-fil-A boxed lunch (please communicate any food allergies at registration)
- Access to mini-bookstore with special conference pricing for select titles
Chick-fil-A boxed meals are not guaranteed for on-site registrations. It is recommended that those who register on-site pack their own lunch.
If you ask the culture how to live a good life, it will tell you to just be yourself. But what does it mean to be you? What is your true identity? By God's grace, Christians have true and compelling answers to these questions. This conference will address the crisis of human identity, helping to equip Christians to look to the Bible, which alone can give us secure understanding of who we are.
SATURDAY, September 7, 2019
8:30-9:15 a.m. — Registration Opens
9:30-10:15 a.m. — Main Session: Counterfeit Images with Stephen Nichols
When we worship, we love something so much that we let it shape us. God made us in His image to worship Him alone so that we might become like Him and reflect His holiness. However, we often turn away from God in our sin. We worship the creation instead of the Creator, which causes us to lose our true identity. This session will consider what it means to be made in the image of God and how the perversion of that truth leads us to worship fleeting pleasures, like achievement in sports and the approval of our friends.
10:30-11:15 a.m. — Breakout Session #1:
- Created or Evolved with Keith Mathison — Must we choose between believing evidence and believing God? Sometimes it seems like the phrase "reasonable Christian" is a contradiction, but it is not. Christians can use reason and Scripture to address head-on the hard questions raised by scientific evidence. This session will consider how we can carefully and wisely look at science through the lens of the Bible to see the truth about God's creation.
- Complete in God with John Tweeddale — We often feel confused about who we are— and for good reason. Because of the fall, we are not who we are supposed to be. God made us perfect, but now we are all sinful. The good news is that Jesus Christ came to give us a new identity. As Paul says, in Christ we are complete (Col. 2:10). This session will consider how it is only in Christ that we find our true selves.
- Being Personal in a Digital Age with Nathan W. Bingham — We use Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat to connect with our friends. These apps are great tools, but they can lead to shallow relationships and a false sense of community if we aren't careful. How can we use technology in a God-honoring way? This session will consider how to develop genuine relationships and serve the Lord in our digital age.
11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. — Panel Discussion with Nathan W. Bingham, Keith Mathison, Stephen Nichols, and John Tweeddale
12:15-1:30 p.m. — Lunch
1:30-2:15 p.m. — Breakout Session #2:
- Created or Evolved with Keith Mathison
- Complete in God with John Tweeddale
- Being Personal in a Digital Age with Nathan W. Bingham
3:30-4:15 p.m. — Campus Tours optional
If you are traveling from out of town, we recommend staying at any of the following hotels. Please ask for the Ligonier Ministries rate.
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial Townpark
850 Village Oak Lane
Lake Mary, Florida 32746
407-995-9000 (2.8 miles)
1501 International Parkway
Lake Mary, Florida 32746
407-995-7010 (2.5 miles)
The Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
2974 International Parkway
Lake Mary, Florida 32746
407-531-3555 (2.3 miles)
1255 S International Parkway
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Cancellations and refund requests must be made at 888-RBC-1517 during normal business hours (not via voicemail message), or email (email@example.com). Refund requests received by August 30, 2019 (5:00 p.m. ET), will be honored in full. Cancellations received between August 31, 2019 and September 4, 2019 (5:00 p.m. ET) will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be granted after September 4, 2019.
By registering for this event you agree to receive communications from Reformation Bible College, Ligonier Ministries, and their associated outreaches.Reformation Bible College (RBC) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by RBC, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. RBC may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by RBC including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. By participating in a RBC event, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify RBC from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.